Schedule 3 Definitions
Insert definition for accreditation as follows:
Insert definition for certificate of accreditation as follows:
Replace definition of Expert Judgement and the explanatory information as follows:
The level of qualification and/or experience required to determine whether a Plumbing or Drainage Solution complies with the Performance Requirements may differ depending on the degree of complexity and the requirements of the Tasmanian Building Act. Practitioners should seek advice from the Permit Authority as to what will be accepted.
Replace definition of Network Utility Operator and the explanatory information as follows:
- undertakes the piped distribution of drinking water or non-drinking water for supply; or
- is the operator of a sewerage system or a stormwater drainage system.
A Network Utility Operator is the water and sewerage authority licensed to supply water and supply water and receive sewage and/or stormwater in Tasmania. The authority operates or proposes to operate a network that undertakes the distribution of water for supply and undertakes to receive sewage and/or stormwater drainage. This authority may be a licensed water and sewerage authority for water and sewerage, or the relevant council, for on-site waste water management and stormwater systems.
Replace definition of on-site wastewater management system as follows:
Insert definition of Permit Authority as follows:
Replace definition of professional engineer as follows:
Replace definition of recognised expert as follows:
Insert definition for sanitary appliance as follows:
- an organisation registered by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) to test in the relevant field; or
- an organisation outside Australia registered by an authority recognized by NATA through a mutual recognition agreement.
Insert definition for sanitary fixture as follows:
Insert definition for sanitation as follows:
Insert definition for sewerage system as follows:
Insert definition for unique plumbing product as follows:
- a prototype; or
- made on-site; or
- purpose built and the only one of its type; or
- imported from outside Australia for a one-off use; or
- determined by the Director of Building Control to be a unique plumbing product.