Introduction to NCC Volume Two
About NCC Volume Two
NCC Volume Two contains technical design and construction requirements for certain residential and non-habitable buildings and structures.
Volume Two contains the requirements for—
- Class 1 and 10a buildings (other than access requirements for people with a disability in Class 1b and 10a buildings); and
- certain Class 10b structures (other than access requirements for people with a disability in Class 10b swimming pools); and
- Class 10c private bushfire shelters.
NCC Volume Two contains the following Sections:
- Section 1 – Governing Requirements
- Section 2 – Performance Requirements and Verification Methods – including—
- Damp and weatherproofing
- Fire safety
- Health and amenity
- Safe movement and access
- Ancillary provisions and additional construction requirements
- Energy efficiency
- Section 3 – Acceptable Construction for Deemed-to-Satisfy Solutions.
- State and Territory variations and additions
- Abbreviations and symbols
- Referenced documents
- Fire-resistance of building elements
- Fire hazard properties
- Fire Safety Verification Method
Section 1 contains the mandatory Governing Requirements for the NCC. Section 2 contain the mandatory Performance Requirements. Compliance options to satisfy compliance with the NCC are contained in Sections 2 and/or 3.